LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day # 26 ("A Funny True Story")


















Well, if you have been following this blog at all, you have probably noticed that my hair style(s) tend to be a little... um, tousled-looking.  At least that's what my hair stylist (bless her soul) nicely calls it.  Some people might call it "messy", or "windblown", or whatever... but all I know is that I have never been a big fan of sleek, smooth, perfectly tailored hair - on me, anyway.

So my father had been gone for several years, and when my mom was 68, she remarried a really great guy named Bob.  And Bob loved all of us, and our families, and the feeling truly was mutual.

Well, one day while we were all together shopping, Bob (who had a quirky sense of humor) said to me teasingly, "Did you forget to comb your hair this morning, Lynn?"

Well, my dear well-meaning mother (protective Mama Bear that she still is) didn't miss that remark and she immediately jumped to my defense, saying, "BOB!!!  I happen to know for A FACT that Lynn spends A LOT OF TIME trying to make her hair look like she just got out of bed!!!"

LOL!  Way to go, Mom!  ;o)

Mom and Bob:

No comments:

Post a Comment