LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day # 19 (A Fun Memory)













Oh, this was another hard one.  So many fun memories to choose from!

I finally decided on one of my favorite stories about our dear daughter.

Little Miss Kendra (aka "Bunny") was 2 years old, and it was wintertime in PA.  We were leaving the house, and everyone was bundled up good because it was cold and snowy out.

My husband tried to take Kendra's hand before we stepped outside, and she pulled it away.  He said, "Hold my hand, Bunny, the deck is icy and I don't want you to fall."

Kendra:  "No it's not!  And no I won't!"

Daddy:  "Yes it is.  Now hold my hand so you don't fall."

Kendra:  (in typical 2 year-old fashion) "NO! I can do it myself!"  And she would NOT give him her hand.

So, Daddy finally shrugged and said, "OK, I'm just trying to watch you"... and we all headed out.

Well, of course Kendra took one step out onto the icy deck and proceeded to fall flat on her back.

"WAHHHHH!"  Then, quick as a whip, she looked up at her dad and wailed, "YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN WATCHING ME!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment