LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Friday, July 12, 2013

HAPPY FRIDAY!




















Thank goodness it's FRIDAY!  It has been a long week for me.  I hope your week went well and that your weekend is slooooow and wonderful!

It looks to be glorious weekend here... in fact, the whole next 7 days look picture perfect!  Justlookit THIS weather report:



I plan to spend my weekend laying low and taking it easy.  I haven't wanted to be a sad sack or complain (LOL!) but I guess I'm gonna confess... I BROKE MY FOOT!  Yup... on May 31... rushing down my basement steps... missed the last step... my flip-flop rolled and took my right foot with it.  Down I went (HARD!) and husband (nearby) heard the bone snap.

Went to the ER where they iced and x-rayed the poor swollen hurty foot and then pronounced it duly fractured.  A 5th metatarsal fracture, thank you very much.  Put a temporary cast on it and gave me a pair of crutches.
















A few days later the ortho doc took off the nasty cast (THANK GOODNESS, that thing was heavy, primitive and barbaric) and gave me a hard-soled "post surgical" boot to wear, and strict instructions to STAY OFF THE FOOT!




















You're jealous aren't you?  You want one, too, don't you?! Yeah, I admit, that shoe is a LOOKER.  (Too bad you have to bust your foot to get one, huh?!)

OK, I'm klutzy.  I admit it.  If I weren't klutzy I probably wouldn't have fallen down the steps and be in this mess.  So picture me tottering around on crutches.  It was not a pretty sight.  In fact, I couldn't do it. I really tried. But there was just no way!  I was on my way to breaking my neck!

ENTER (drumroll, please)... Sassy the KNEE SCOOTER!  Oh yeah, I'm a'rockin' and a'rollin' now!




















A "knee scooter" you ask?  YES, a knee scooter!  For ankle and foot injuries, babeeee!  And guess what, my insurance is even paying for the rental.  (I had to buy the snappy bag... it's a "mobility bag" for walkers and wheelchairs, but it fits!)  Look out, I am scootin' in style NOW, LOL!

Me at work!




















So a 5th metatarsal fracture can be a pesky and typically very slow healing fracture.  It's been six weeks today and I'm still non-weight bearing. I'm starting to get depressed. I feel like I am missing my whole summer.

Let me tell you, life gets very difficult when you can't walk!

The simplest things become mammoth.  Driving?  Nope. Laundry? Nope. Vacuuming?  Nope.  Cooking?  Nope.  Shopping?  Really???!   Hahaha!   Forget gardening, home projects, exercising, evening walks. I can barely shower, get dressed, go to the bathroom... NOTHING is easy.   Everything is a production.  It's grueling and I am so exhausted at the end of the day, I practically FALL into bed.

But all things considered... it could've been worse, and I'm grateful it wasn't.  And me and Sassy, we are a team and I'm doing OK.

But lemme tell you again, this is NO FUN at all.  So BE CAREFUL ON THOSE STEPS --THEY'RE TREACHEROUS!










No comments:

Post a Comment